Children with emotional or behavioral challenges have their own unique needs. The Support Network’s Family Support Specialists partner with parents and caregivers throughout our region helping them develop effective strategies to become strong and successful advocates for their children, adolescents, or transition-age youth. Our services are free of charge.
The Support Network is a program of the Western Massachusetts Training Consortium that is funded by the Massachusetts Department of Mental Health. We serve the counties of Berkshire, Hampden, Hampshire, and Franklin.
The Support Network is committed to providing support for families whose children have mental health needs by broadening knowledge, building resiliency, reducing isolation and stigma, and imparting hope through the sharing of lived experience.
We believe that by empowering families to be a strong voice for themselves and their children we can together reduce stigma and achieve the best possible outcome in a child life. We believe that our local, state, and national authorities should increase their knowledge about the importance of children’s emotional health and strive to create comprehensive, accessible services that will promote healthy child and youth development. We believe that those with lived experience are our greatest advocates to foster positive change in attitudes and beliefs regarding emotional health challenges.
Here at the Support Network, we work together to make a difference in children’s lives.
Not sure what to expect? Here’s some ways you can grow alongside your family and the Support Network:
- Learn about special education in Massachusetts and the many systems of care and community resources.
- Discover you and your child’s strengths and build a strong voice for your rights.
- Participate in support groups where you can connect, share your concerns, receive information and become equipped to help others on their journey.
- Educate yourself by attending trainings and conferences focused on issues related to children’s emotional health.
- Research the latest information and resources in the comfort of our library or by browsing our website.
- Engage in local, state, or national campaigns to raise awareness of our children’s needs and services.
SUPPORT GROUPS FOR PARENTS AND CAREGIVERS OF CHILDREN AND ADOLESCENTS WITH SOCIAL, EMOTIONAL, AND BEHAVIORAL CHALLENGES
Please join us weekly via Zoom for our Virtual Support Group.
GRUPOS DE APOYO PARA PADRES, CUIDADORES DE NIÑOS Y ADOLESCENTES CON DESAFÍOS SOCIALES, EMOCIONALES Y DE COMPORTAMIENTO
Por favor únete cada semana en Zoom para nuestro Grupo de Apoyo Virtual.
Working to achieve happiness and balance
The Support Network works with each family getting to know their strengths and concerns while providing one on one free consultation to tackle the barriers they face.
The Support Network engages families and community stakeholders in activities that will increase understanding of emotional development in children and youth.
The Support Network proudly participates in public forums shedding light on the challenges that parent/caregivers face in their unique struggle for their right to full and appropriate services.